Friday, January 1, 2010

New Years Resolutions





It is noon, the sky is dreary.  No sun shines, but yet no drops of rain fall.  Today is better than last night.  I ask myself how I want to spend my first day of the year, again a metaphor for the rest of the 364 days.   My great-grandmother (Lola) would always warn us to not buy anything on  new years day.   If we did so we were doomed to be broke and struggling the rest of the year.   Therefore, my day's activities would not touch any of my finances. I have so far spent the day ensuring that I maintain my goals... completing my collage post, cleaning out my closet, doing a thirty minute crosstrain work out, and cooking a healthy meal.  I did this all with the background of the most recent biggest loser marathon playing in the background.   I have all these goals, but how can I ensure I stay motivated.  One day at a time, starting with today.  Clean out to let in.  I hear a master cleanse coming

No comments:

Post a Comment